- Vicksburg, Mississippi
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Real Estate
- Creditors Rights
- Banking Law
- Corporate Law
- Governmental Law
- Mississippi, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 1991
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. – 1991
- Honors: Appellate Moot Court Finalist
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
- B.B.A. cum laude – 1988
- Honors: Forrest C. Mobley Business Scholar
- Honors: Mississippi Young Banker Scholar
- Honors: Business School President
- Major: Banking and Finance
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Young Men of America
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mississippi Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, President, 1998 – 1999
- Mississippi Bar Association, Director-at-Large, 1995-1997; Past Chair Real Property Section; Past Chair Summer CLE; Past Chair Bench/Bar Relations
- Board of Bar Commissioners, 1997-2000; 2009-2012
- Warren County Bar Association, Secretary/Treasurer
- Warren County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, President, 2001 – 2002
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, State Delegate, 2002
- Mississippi Bar Foundation, Board of Directors, 1997 – 1998
- United Way Board of Directors / Cabinet, 1997-2001; Campaign Chair, 2005; Chairman of the Board 2008
- Vicksburg Rotary Club, Board of Directors, 1998-1999; President, 2011-2012
- Rotary Club District 6820 , Assistant District Governor, 2012 – 2014
- Haven House Family Shelter, Board of Directors , 1998 – 1999
- YMCA , Board of Directors, 2002 – Present; President-Elect, 2019 – 2020
- University of Mississippi Alumni Association Warren County, President, 2001 – 2002
- Vicksburg-Warren Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 1997, 2002-2005, 2014 – present
- Vicksburg-Warren Chamber of Commerce Leadership Class
- American Cancer Society, Fund Raiser Chairman
Blake Teller was raised in Vicksburg, Mississippi. He was admitted to the Mississippi Bar in 1991, and began practicing law in Jackson, Mississippi. Blake returned to his hometown of Vicksburg, Mississippi, in 1994 to practice law with his father, Landy Teller, and grandfather, Landman Teller, at what is now the present law firm of Teller, Hopson & Schrader, LLP.
Blake completed his undergraduate education at the University of Mississippi in 1988 where he earned a B.B.A. in Banking and Finance. In 1991, Blake graduated with a Doctor of Jurisprudence from Vanderbilt University.
Blake has been active in local, state, and national bar associations. He served as President of the Mississippi Bar, Young Lawyers Division; as a member of the State Board of Bar Commissioners; as Chair of the Real Property Section of the Mississippi Bar; as President of the Fellows of the Young Lawyers of the Mississippi Bar; and was inducted as a Fellow of the Mississippi Bar Foundation. He also served the State Bar as Chair of Summer CLE Committee, Chair of Real Property Section, and Chair of Bench/Bar Relations Committee. He presently serves on the Ethics Committee.
Blake has served as President and Secretary/Treasurer of the Warren County Bar Association and Warren County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division; Director-At-Large of the Mississippi Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division; and Delegate to the American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division.
In his twenty-nine years of practicing law, Blake has earned an AV rating from Martindale- Hubbell while representing individuals, businesses, banks, and government entities in a variety of legal categories. He presently serves as the attorney for the Warren County Board of Supervisors, to which position he was appointed in December of 2014.
Blake is also very active within the community. He has served on the Board of Directors of the United Way of West Central Mississippi, Rotary Club, (President 2011-2012), YMCA Board of Directors, (President-Elect 2018-2020), Vicksburg-Warren Chamber of Commerce, (President 2019), Good Shepherd Community Center, and Haven House Family Shelter. He has also served on the Vicksburg Catholic School Board, (President 2008), and First Presbyterian Church Kindergarten Board. Blake has previously served on the Boards for Haven House family shelter, and the Warren County University of Mississippi Alumni Association as well. Blake regularly provides many of these and other local organizations pro bono legal services.
Blake is married to Stacey Mills of Jackson, Mississippi. They have three children, Morgan Elizabeth, age 26; Barrett Mills, age 25; and Brandon Blake, age 21. The Tellers are members of First Presbyterian Church in Vicksburg where Blake serves as an Elder.