Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a nonaffiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Star Agent Title Agency.
We may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you, such as on applications or other forms.
- Information we receive from your realtor or lending institution.
- Information about your transactions we secure from our files, or from our affiliates, third-party service providers, or others.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Information that we receive from others involved in your transaction, such as the real estate agent or lender.
We may disclose any of the above information that we collect about our customers or former customers to our affiliates or to nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law.
We also may disclose this information about our customers or former customers to the following types of nonaffiliated companies that perform services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
- Financial service providers such as companies engaged in banking, consumer finance, securities and insurance.
- Non-financial companies such as envelope stuffers and other fulfillment service providers.
WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH ANYONE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED OR REQUIRED BY LAW.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.